Teacher training in 2019-2020
Buckinghamshire County Council Get Into Teaching Information Event
11:00 - 15:00 - Saturday 10 November 2018
Holiday Inn High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire County Council are hosting a FREE Get Into Teaching Information Event, bringing together a wide range of organisations who are involved in teacher training in our county.
You will be able to find out more about the ways into teaching, in particular school-based routes. There will opportunities to speak to local providers, including the National Mathematics & Physics SCITT, led by Wycombe High School.
Teacher training with the National Mathematics and Physics SCITT (NMAPS) in 2019-2020
Wycombe High School Academies Trust is delighted to be the Lead School of the National Mathematics and Physics SCITT (NMAPS), a DfE initiative designed to give Maths and Physics trainees the best experience during their School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT).
NMAPS is recruiting and training Maths and Physics trainee teachers via a growing network of hubs in England and is currently operating in these hub areas:
- High Wycombe Hub - led by Wycombe High School in partnership with Headington School
- Bolton Hub - led by Bolton School in north-west England
- Dulwich Hub - led by Dulwich College in south London
- Guildford Hub - led by Charterhouse in Surrey
- Warwick Hub - led jointly by King's High and Warwick School
The programme will set the highest standards in specialist teacher training, bringing together the benefits of on-the-job training offered by a traditional SCITT, with the enhanced focus on specialist subject knowledge and pedagogy normally offered by a university-based course.
The initial teacher training will be delivered in partnership with the University of Buckingham and led by specialist Physics and Mathematics practitioners working in a network of some of the best state and independent schools nationally, to ensure the highest quality educational provision.
Each hub will be working with other local schools in their area to provide secondary training places in Mathematics and Physics for the 2019-2020 academic year. Please visit our website http://nmapscitt.org.uk/ for more information about NMAPS and our courses.
Course information and apply
- You will find full details of our courses and from 9 October can apply on the UCAS website https://www.ucas.com/ucas/teacher-training by searching for the National Mathematics and Physics SCITT in your area.
- All applications must be made through the UCAS website and not through schools directly.
- Further information about teacher training and School Direct can be found on the government ‘Get into Teaching’ website https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/. This site gives comprehensive information about eligibility criteria, funding and the application process.
For any enquiries about training with us please e-mail our Administrator, Victoria Plunket at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch one of the latest Get into Teaching advertisements for a taste of why some teachers chose to teach.
And hear more about teacher training in schools from some recent trainees, please visit 'Meet the Teachers' on the Bucks County Council website.
Are you considering becoming a PRIMARY school teacher?
If so, you can find out more about our local Primary Teacher training partnership, Chepping View SCITT on their website - www.cheppingviewscitt.com.
The girls are the greatest testament to the work of the school, being avid and engaged learners who are ambitious for the future but show care and consideration for others.