About the role
To ensure the smooth running of the Science laboratories and to provide effective support for the teaching staff in Science and adopt a flexible style in order to tackle a range of routine duties in Technology and Art Departments.
- Application Deadline: 8.00am, 6th December 2019
- Interviews: 10th December 2019
- Starting Date: January 2020
- Full or Part Time: Term Time, plus 5 Inset Days (39 weeks per annum)
- Pay Range: Bucks Pay Scale 2, Point 11 - Point 15 £19,076 - £21,428 per annum, pro-rata (actual salary £16,178 - £18,173 per annum)
Download Full Job Spec
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure standards of Health and Safety for students and staff, informing the Technician Manager
and the Science Subject Leaders of potential hazards.
- Maintain laboratories/equipment/apparatus in accordance with legislation, best practice and
School policy on Health and Safety.
- Share good practice and write risk assessments for technician activities.
- Prepare materials for practical lessons, put out non-routine equipment/resources and put it away.
- Trial new practical investigations as requested.
- Provide technical support to teachers in the delivery of practical learning activities.
- Ensure routine lab equipment is restocked on a regular basis and before practicals requiring
substantial amounts of apparatus.
- Perform annual stock checks and inform the Technician Manager of requirements/changes.
- Support the Technician Manager in ordering materials and supplies.
- Check and carry out routine cleaning of equipment in the food rooms when required.
- Carry out other routine duties in the Technology and Art departments as requested.
- Build relationships with Science Technicians in other local schools to share best practice and keep
up-to-date with relevant changes in legislation.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as required by the Headteacher.
The scope of the role includes:
- 13 laboratories in two buildings, 3 Prep-rooms
- 1 Data Logging suite
- 2 Food rooms
- 2 Textiles rooms
- 4 Art rooms
- Support for KS3, KS4 and Sixth Form learning and teaching
- Support for the Science teachers
- Support for Food, Textiles and Art teachers when necessary