Wycombe High School is asking for the support of all of those who visit the School, its grounds or buildings in minimising the risk of COVID-19 to its community.
1. With this in mind, and in line with guidance from Public Health England, please refrain from entering the School site for any reason if you have any symptoms of the virus. The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of a new continuous cough or high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia). If in doubt, please do not enter the school site.
2. If you have any symptoms, however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for at least 7 days from when your symptoms started (if you live alone), or 14 days (if you live with someone who has symptoms). You do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
3. Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to.
4. To reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue in a bin immediately. Then wash your hands or use a hand sanitising gel.
5. WHS clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using regular cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
6. At the current time and based on our understanding of what is known of COVID-19 and other similar respiratory viruses, it is likely that older people and those with chronic medical conditions may be vulnerable to severe disease. As more information emerges, recommendations and procedures may change. It is important that we protect the vulnerable.
7. Please ensure that you practise social distancing and stay two metres away from everyone at all times
8. Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and information in British Sign Language can be accessed on SignHealth’s website website.
The School welcomes a number of people to our site and you will appreciate that our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff. Please follow the guidelines above in accordance with Public Health England’s advice and keep everyone safe.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.