At Wycombe High School, we have a long history of providing a high quality education for girls. We match the very best of the school’s traditions and core values with a forward thinking and innovative approach.
We are constantly developing and evolving our curriculum and facilities. We are never complacent and constantly strive to further build on our reputation as one of the best selective grammar schools nationally. We are passionate about single sex education and the extraordinary benefits it brings our students. We are proud of the excellent teaching, care and guidance that we offer, along with first class facilities and a wide range of opportunities in and beyond the classroom. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, governors, parents and visitors to the school to share this commitment.
Ofsted has designated us an ‘outstanding’ school. In their words:
- The quality of teaching is outstanding; students make outstanding progress across all key stages
- Behaviour in lessons and around the school is exemplary
- There is a clear commitment to the development of the whole child and the school provides outstanding opportunities for students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- A significant strength of the school is the high quality of pastoral care
- Students are exceptionally well prepared for the next stages in their education or employment
- The school provides a safe and calm atmosphere for learning where all students thrive
- While promoting the highest academic standards, the curriculum has also been designed to promote the love of learning
Year on year, our students attain at the very highest levels and we retain our position as one of the top state schools nationally. Our examination results are outstanding and the significant majority of our students go on to university. They are successful in gaining places at the universities of their first choice; these universities are also ranked among the best in the United Kingdom, indeed internationally. Many gain Oxbridge places. Students are exceptionally well prepared to make choices about their future, whether that is higher education, training or employment.
We have a strong commitment to the performing and visual arts, and sport. We organise concerts, festivals, musical productions, school plays, dance and gymnastics shows, art and technology exhibitions and leadership programmes for students. Each year we reach national and regional finals in a range of sports and other extra-curricular activities. We offer an extensive range of educational visits in the United Kingdom and abroad.
In summary, each of our students leaves us academically extremely well qualified, culturally and globally aware, and a good friend, a good neighbour, and a good citizen. Do come and visit us, we would be delighted to welcome you and enable you to see first-hand why we are so proud of our school and our girls.
Mrs S. Cromie
There is a clear commitment to the development of the whole child and the school provides outstanding opportunities for the students' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. A significant strength of the the school is the high quality of pastoral care.