Wycombe High School has a full time designated Higher Education and Careers Adviser
Miss M Spiteri - Higher Education and Careers Adviser
Miss A Drysdale - Careers Lead
Address: Wycombe High School, Marlow Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1TB
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01494 523961
The Higher Education and Careers Adviser offers a structured and effective careers and higher education programme, with related careers and training activities including; opportunities to engage with employers via work experience and workplace visits, enterprise activities, presentations and workshops, national competitions, Inspire and Career talks and the annual WHS Higher Education and Careers Fair held in March.
WHS Career and Higher Education Adviser supports students and parents by offering impartial advice and guidance with access to a full range of post-16 opportunities. For further details, please click on the Key Stage drop down menu.
- Career interviews - break and lunchtime drop-in sessions, bookable appointments during study periods and access to an independent careers consultant from Adviza (Buckingham Connexions) www.adviza.org.uk who can offer 1:1 interviews supporting students to raise aspirations and motivate them to achieve their full potential
- Inspire & Career Talks - with WHS alumnae and other inspiring women coming into school and talk to all year groups about their own education and career pathways
- PSHEE Careers Day – 'Living in the Wider World' for all year groups Year 7 to 13
- Annual WHS Careers and Higher Education Fair - with representatives from HE universities and FE Colleges, local and national companies offering apprenticeships, work and training, Gap year information and various subject and HE talks taking place during the evening
- Higher Education Presentations - covering varied topics including: why university, choosing a course, university applications, degree apprenticeships, personal statement writing, student finance, applying to Oxford and Cambridge, university assessments etc.
- Resources - access to excellent resources in the careers library and via the school website and parent portal
- Eclips - all students have access to www.eclips-online.co.uk offering an A-Z search function on job groups, education choices, work and training and labour market information
- Unifrog - Year 11, 12 and 13 have access to the online platform unifrog www.unifrog.org where they can explore education and training pathways, apprenticeships and FE Colleges, with best practice guides to applications, personal statement writing, CV writing. Access to all UK university websites and information on applying to university in Europe, Canada, US, Australia and New Zealand
- University visits - students have the opportunity to visit universities in Year 10, 12 and 13.
- Careers Newsletter - newsletter going out through the Parent Portal with WHS careers news, apprenticeship vacancies, courses, study days and taster days etc.
- Vacancy Bulletin - sent out via email to all sixth form students, with live apprenticeship vacancies and information about upcoming taster & study days, open days, competitions etc.