We support learning in many ways, helping our students to make the most of themselves and their abilities and all that the school has to offer.
- a broad, balanced and flexible curriculum suited to the needs, interests and abilities of our students
- a forward-thinking and coherent Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education programme, including expert guest speakers, delivered through a series of Focus Days
- a wide-ranging programme of Educational Visits in the UK and abroad
- extensive extra-curricular and enrichment programmes • exciting opportunities for leadership and teamwork development
- community-based activities
- personal guidance – and a Student Planner - to help your daughter manage her time and work effectively
- personal tutoring to celebrate successes and achievements and set targets for improvement student and parent conferences
- activities to provide additional challenge and enrichment for our most able students intervention and mentoring programmes for students experiencing difficulties
- individual and group sessions for students with specific learning difficulties
We have a wide range of people who share responsibility for supporting your daughter’s learning.
- Your daughter will have daily contact with her Form Tutor. She will have a Head of House who has overall responsibility for her academic progress and well-being.
- She will be taught by well-qualified, specialist Subject Teachers, working in departments led by Subject Leaders who are responsible for the quality of learning and teaching.
- The Headteacher, with the Leadership Group, has overall responsibility for all aspects of school life.
- Our Student Support Services Centre provides support for students on a day-to-day basis and has strong links with outside agencies. The team comprises:
- three Student Managers who work closely with Form Tutors and Heads of House on attendance, medical and pastoral matters. They deal with all kinds of pastoral and organisational queries and concerns
- a School Counsellor
- a Community School Nurse
- Our Charity and Curriculum Enrichment Leaders coordinate the wider learning opportunities within the school.
- Our Individual Needs Leader oversees provision for students requiring additional support and those with specific learning difficulties.
- Word processor Guideline 2019-20
- We have a knowledgeable and supportive Governing Body, fully involved with all aspects of school life, and an enthusiastic and active Parents and Friends Association.
- As a parent you have a key role in supporting the school to help your daughter to achieve her potential.