Wycombe High, recently named ‘Secondary School of the Year 2023’ by the Sunday Times, has a vacancy for a Parent Trustee, and the school is now actively seeking applications from people who feel they can make a positive contribution.
In this voluntary role you will work as part of a team and play a vital role in ensuring the Wycombe High School Academy Trust Board is connected with parents and the community. The Trust Board has three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school, and ensuring its money is well spent.
Who Can Apply? To be able to volunteer, you need to be a parent, carer, or someone who has parental responsibility for a child on the roll of Wycombe High School.
No formal qualifications are required – you just need common sense, time, enthusiasm and a commitment to working as part of a team to make a difference for all our students.
Wycombe High School is an incredibly diverse and culturally rich place, and it is vital that our Trust Board reflects that diversity and richness too. We would therefore strongly encourage/welcome expressions of interest from people from all backgrounds.
If you would like to apply, please click here to download and complete the the nomination form: https://www.whs.bucks.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Parent-Trustee-Application-Form-210423.pdf
The application form is also available on the school’s website, or paper versions are available from Reception.
Please return the completed form to Mrs Samantha Owen, Clerk to the Trust Board, by email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also submit your form by post, or in person, clearly marked ‘Parent Trustee Appointment’, by 9:00 am on Wednesday 7 June 2023.
A personal statement is required on the application, which should be used to explain why you wish to become a Parent Trustee at Wycombe High School. Please also outline any relevant experience and skills you have, and how you feel you can contribute to the school’s ongoing success.
The timetable for the selection process, including any vote (if required), is as follows:
- Wednesday 24 May 2023, 9:00 am – 11.00 am: ‘Drop-In Session’ (optional) to include a tour of the school and a Q&A session with the Headteacher, the Chair of the Trust Board, and other Trust Board representatives
- Wednesday 7 June 2023, 9:.00 am: Deadline for Parent Trustee nominations.
- Friday 9 June 2023: Appointment announced, or notification of election by secret ballot communicated (if more than one nominee).
Trust Chair, David Garmon-Jones, said: “If you feel you have the time to dedicate to this important role, I hope you will consider applying, and look forward to seeing any interested parties at the drop-in session at 9:00 am, on Wednesday 24 May 2023”.